Search This Blog

Thursday 10 March 2011

Everyday Hero

The Archive from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.


My son just showed me this and I feel quite moved. Maybe it's my age. I don't know, but this guy just gets it. He's eloquently putting across what many of us feel about music. Not just vinyl, but music in general.
It's something that enriches our lives. It shades it. It's there through the good times and bad times, and once you hear a snippet you can be transported to a different time and place.
This is why it is important.
More so than most people really consider.
It can be the past, the present and the future. Your greatest friend and your light in the darkness.
That this collection lies unsold is a travesty. If I had $3 million I would be wiring the money to him right this very second, and feeling a degree of shame as I would consider I had short changed him.
In my hear of hearts I don't even want to see it broken up. I want it to remain in its entirety as an archive. A historical representation of who we are.
That he has devoted his life to this is something that should be acknowledged.
Mind blowing. Simply mind blowing.
If you have a spare $3 million stuck down the back of your couch then you can get in touch with him here http://recordrama.com/ and do the right thing by keeping the spirit of his enterprise alive for us all.

2 comments:

  1. this is utterly heartbreaking... more so that i cant do anything at all to help.

    ReplyDelete