Search This Blog

Monday 22 September 2014

Shattered dreams, but what's new?

And now here we are in the cold light of day suffering from the post referendum blues, and the news that the vows written on the cover of the Daily Record have already been shredded is being heard across the land.
There will be a debate, but the majority in Westminster who don’t want to deliver more devolved powers will kick it into the long grass.

Who would have thought that would have happened?
Sorry.
I mean who didn't see that coming?
Oh wait. Cameron says it’s still on track.
Does anyone want to join me in holding our collective breath for a positive outcome?
Nope?
No, I didn't think so.

So would it be churlish of me to ask those who voted no as they believed more powers would be forthcoming how that is currently working out for them?

Then again some people voted no because they didn't want anything to change.

Latest news is that Ed Balls has called for child benefit to be capped if Labour takes Westminster.
It looks likely that the English vote will take us out of Europe when that referendum rolls around.

So over all how is that decision working out for you?

Thankfully pretty much all the parties have said that austerity measures will remain in place so there’s one thing that isn't changing.

Hurrah for that then.

There are of course some people who have managed to get what they wanted.

The politicians for one.
What a no vote did was secure a season ticket on the gravy train for them.
No wonder Labour and Conservative councillors were slapping each others backs and cracking open the champers.
Allegedly Jim Murphy broke down in tears of pure unadulterated joy and screamed “the drinks are on my expense account” to loud cheers of support from a selection of cross party representatives.
Once the clamour had died down it is said that you could hear a large sigh of relief from London based interior designers who make their living from the patronage of Scottish MPs.

Then let’s not forget that the right wing elements got what they wanted to.
Their beloved Queen and country has been saved for whites of a certain religious group.

Fandabifuckindozycunts.

That’s a personal favourite of mine.
I just loved watching them celebrate at a war memorial by rigidly extending their right arms skywards.
Not sure what it was that it reminded me of though.
You would have thought it was a nazi salute, but they were waving union flags and the location seems to say that couldn't be the case.
I mean war memorial, union flags, Rule Britannia being sung and Sieg Heiling.
One of those doesn't fit so it must have been something else.

Hmmm who else got what they wanted?

I'm not really sure.

Did those who wanted to protect their income and employment get what they wanted?

Only time will tell I suppose, but it’s a harsh fact that if a business wishes to relocated and bump their employees out of a job then this country being part of the UK or not will have no bearing on that.

So maybe we will have to wait a bit and see if they get what they wanted.
Some probably will, but not all of them.

And now here’s the tricky one.

Did the pensioners get what they wanted?
Security in the years they have left to them?

Once again we will have to wait and see how that works out to.
I’ll not be betting on them having a better standard of living or the one they currently have being maintained, but who knows.
In a genetically modified future maybe pigs will also fly.

Off the back of all this there has been some effort made to have people show a bit of solidarity.
There’s a cry for people to refrain from apportioning blame.

Much of it sounds like people realizing that they made a mistake and instead of putting their hands up to it they would rather just not talk about it at all.

I'm not sure if I am entirely comfortable with that.
A portion of my fellow countrymen and women took something away from me and apparently I am just to let it go, or even work with these people to secure something that we had the opportunity of already taking for ourselves.

It’s going to take some time for me to personally get over this.


I think I will reserve the right to point fingers just now.
I think I will reserve the right to still feel a degree of hurt and anger.
I genuinely don't think anyone has much of a right to put a time scale on my grief or to claim that I am over reacting.
In fact how dare they.

No comments:

Post a Comment