Thursday, 21 January 2010
Best of Mabuhay Vol 1
This one is for my mate Kennyhell, but you can grab it to.
I’ve already waxed lyrical (yeah right) about the impact that the east coast had on punk, but let’s not forget the west coast.
Compiled and produced by Ted Oliphant who occasionally manned the mixing desk of the Mabuhay Gardens, or the Fab Mab as the regulars called it, this gives an excellent overview of the late seventies scene that they had in San Francisco. A scene that matches any other for inventiveness and ferocious passion.
From nascent punk rock to art rock and all points in between it is all here.
1. Get Outta My Way – Bittley Black & the Next
2. Panther Pit – Panther Moderns
3. Cops on Drugs – The Amputations
4. Space Age Lover – Zolar X
5. Run Girl – The Razorburns
6. The Good Die Young – No Alternative
7. 21st Century – The Mutants
8. M-16 – Negative Trend
9. Front Line – Seizure
10. Welcome Matt – U.X.A.
11. Goin’ to the Mab Tonight – Paul Zahl & the Cat
12. Leavin’ Home – Bite
13. Who Needs Ghosts? – Touchtones
14. Viscious – Wasp Women
15. 750 – Jennifer Blowdryer
Posted by It's a **** thing at 14:03